What Can Happen to You if You Miss Your DUI Court Date
September 28, 2011

When you are arrested for a DUI or any other crime, if you are released without bail you sign a written promise to appear on a specific date. When you fail to appear on that date that can act as a separate crime for failure to appear which is a misdemeanor offense and can result in a jail sentence.

In addition when you fail to appear the court will issue a warrant for your arrest called a “bench warrant” and will set a bail amount. The bail that the court will set can vary from $5,000 to as high as $50,000 depending upon the judge and the circumstances of your case.

When a warrant is issued for your arrest the court notifies the Department of Motor Vehicles and you will receive notice that your driving privilege will be suspended until you go to court and have the warrant recalled.

What can you do to resolve this problem?

You need to immediately retain a DUI defense attorney who has experience going to the court where your case is pending. The dui law firm can appear in court on your behalf and explain the circumstances to the judge and ask the court to “recall the warrant” and release you without having to post bail. Then your lawyer can enter a not guilty plea on your behalf and begin to aggressively defend you against the DUI charge. You never want to risk being taken into custody by the court after you have failed to appear in court on the date that was set. Be smart and retain an experienced DUI defense law firm. You will be glad you did.

If you or your loved one is currently facing a DUI call Wallin & Klarich. WK has been helping thousands of clients facing DUI matters all over southern California. Give us a call at (877) 4-NO-JAIL or (877) 466-5245. We are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

Your Answer

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Contact Us

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.