Vehicular Manslaughter in Ventura – PC 192(c)
California Penal Code section 192(c) defines vehicular manslaughter in Ventura as either driving a vehicle unlawfully, not amounting to a felony, and with gross negligence or driving a vehicle lawfully in a manner that might produce death, and with or without gross negligence.
To convict you of vehicular homicide, the prosecution must prove the following:
- While driving a vehicle, you committed a misdemeanor, infraction or otherwise lawful act in an unlawful manner
- The misdemeanor, infraction or otherwise lawful act was dangerous to human life under the circumstances of its commission
- You committed the misdemeanor, infraction or otherwise lawful act with ordinary negligence; AND
- The misdemeanor, infraction or otherwise lawful act caused the death of another person
A vehicular manslaughter conviction can completely change your life. It is crucial that you speak to an experienced criminal defense attorney in Ventura who is familiar with this type of vehicular manslaughter case. We can provide you with an overview of the elements that the prosecution needs to prove in order to convict you of vehicular manslaughter. The Ventura Vehicular Manslaughter lawyers from Wallin & Klarich have over 30 years of experience in this field. We are ready to help you now.
Below is a more detailed explanation of what the Ventura Vehicular Manslaughter lawyer from Wallin & Klarich can do for you.
Vehicular Manslaughter Defenses
When charged with a serious crime such as vehicular manslaughter in Ventura, you need an experienced criminal defense attorney that will fight for you using an effective defense strategy. There are several defenses available that could result in a dismissal or reduction of your vehicular manslaughter charge. Here are some successful defenses that your vehicular manslaughter lawyers at Wallin & Klarich can raise on your behalf:
- Your actions were not negligent
- Your actions were not the cause of death; OR
- You were not driving the vehicle
In addition to the defenses listed above, your Ventura vehicular manslaughter lawyer can attempt to have incriminating evidence excluded from trial if it is found that the police failed to comply with procedural requirements. Be sure to contact a Ventura vehicular manslaughter defense attorney from Wallin & Klarich to learn more.
Reduced Sentencing of Vehicular Manslaughter in Ventura
Although the sentencing and punishment for vehicular manslaughter in Ventura can be severe, by using the defenses discussed above, the experienced Ventura Vehicular Manslaughter Defense Attorneys at Wallin & Klarich can fight for a substantially reduced sentence. In lieu of a lengthy jail sentence, the court may:
- Place you on probation and impose a sentence of up to one year in county jail
- Place you on probation with no jail time, but order you to do community service or a work release program; OR
- Place you on formal probation and assign you a probation officer
Depending on the facts of your particular case, our Ventura Wallin & Klarich attorneys may even be able to attack the elements of the prosecutor’s case and possibly get your charges dismissed entirely.
Ventura Vehicular Manslaughter Lawyer
With offices in Orange County, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Bernardino, Riverside, Ventura, Victorville and West Covina, Wallin & Klarich has over 30 years of experience in successfully representing Southern California residents who have been charged with vehicular manslaughter. Drawing from extensive years of experience, we are available to answer any questions you have and are willing to aggressively fight to help you win your case. Call us today at (877) 4-NO-JAIL or (877) 466-5245. We will get through this together.