If you have been convicted of a DUI in Orange County the court may place you on probation in addition to jail time, fines, and the suspension of your driver’s license. In Orange County, your probation period will usually last three years.
Orange County DUI Probation
When the court sentences you to probation, you will have to adhere to the following terms and conditions:
- Violate no law
- Obey all orders, rules, and regulations, and directives of the Court and Jail
- Do not drive without a valid driver’s license in your possession
- Do not drive without proof of valid auto liability insurance or financial responsibility as required by law
- Use your true name and date of birth only at all times
- Pay fine of $390 plus penalty assessments of $826
- Pay mandatory state restitution fines of $120
- Pay $50 Alcohol Abuse Education fee
- Pay $50 DUI Lab/Blood Alcohol penalty
- Pay $100 Alcohol & Drug Assessment Program fee
- Pay $120 Probation Revocation Restitution fine
- Pay $40 Court Operations fee
- Pay Criminal Conviction Assessment fee per convicted count of $30 per misdemeanor/felony and $35 per infraction
- Report to Court Collections Department to cooperate with and pay the Collections Department the fines and fees
- Complete a new financial disclosure form if money is still owing on a restitution order or fine 120 days before the schedule release from probation
- Do not drive a motor vehicle with a measurable amount of alcohol in your blood and submit to a chemical test of your blood on demand of any peace officer, probation officer, or mandatory supervision officer
- Attend and complete at least 3 months of an Alcohol Program
- Pay $233 booking fee to the arresting police department; and
- Report to Alcohol Liaison Office.
In addition to the terms and conditions of your probation, the court may prevent the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) from reinstating your driver’s license until you have successfully completed a driving -under-the-influence program.
DUI Probation Violation
If you violate any one of the terms of your probation during your probation period, the court can revoke your probation and sentence you to county jail. The court can sentence you to county jail for the longest period for which you may have been sentenced for the underlying crime. For example, if you violate your probation for your first DUI conviction, you may be sentenced to up to six months in county jail. If you have violated the terms of your DUI probation, it is important for you to speak with a Wallin & Klarich attorney to help you defend your case.
Orange County DUI Defense Attorney
If you or a loved one has been charged with a DUI in Orange County, you need an experienced DUI defense attorney to represent you. The Orange County DUI defense attorneys from Wallin & Klarich have over 30 years of experience defending DUI cases. We have the knowledge and experience to help assist you in your DUI case. Call us now at 877-4-NO-JAIL or 877-466-5245. We will be there when you call.